Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Short Update

Good morning, Friends,

I'm sorry I didn't get a posting up last week. Both kids have been under the weather with colds and allergies. Thankfully, although they are still coughing and sniffling, they are getting better. It's been a busy week of doctor appointments and taking care of my boys.

Gerson was able to preach on Sunday. We praise the Lord for helping Gerson perpare and share a message about God's healing power! The Holy Spirit moved among the congregation and many people came forward for prayer. I'm so thankful we serve a God who heals, both emotionally and physically!

I had my first MOPS meeting last Thursday. I am excited and honored to be part of the MOPS leadership in our local group this year. What a privilege it is to reach out to mothers of preschoolers. We share our challenges, our joys, and our heartaches together, all the while growing in our walk with our Savior. I am a small group leader. Please pray for me as I minister to the moms in my group. I desire to be available to help them, pray with them, encourage them, and be there for them as we take this journey of motherhood together. We will have two official meetings per month --- the first and third Thursdays. I'd appreciate your prayers for those meetings.

In addition to MOPS, I am also working with another WGM missionary, Debbie McKelvey, to prepare a Bible Club after school for the kids in the community near the TCC. Pray for us as we are in the planning stages of this new ministry. I am excited that Debbie arrived at the end of July, having transferred from another WGM field. She has a huge heart for children's minsitries, and I'm so thankful she is offering her help to get a Bible Club up and running at TCC.

Once again, THANK YOU for your love, support and prayers. Our hope is to get another prayer letter written and mailed out this month. Pray for us as we write it and get it ready to mail. It is time-consuming, yet we know the importance of keeping everyone updated on what God is doing here. We really need the Lord's help as we balance ministry and family.

Love, Betsy for the Tejedas

No comments:

Post a Comment