Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Beginning

Happy New Year!

As we were about to enter 2012, I looked at my brother (who was visiting us) and said something to the effect of, "When did the New Year cease to be as exciting for me? Rather than waiting anxiously to see the Ball drop in Time Square, I'm more excited about midnight hitting so I can go to bed!" (That is probably because I have two little ones who don't sleep through the night!)

Although I no longer get excited about the ball dropping in New York, I AM excited about what 2012 is going to hold. We serve a BIG and AWESOME God, and I have no doubt He has some wonderful surprises for us around the bend.

At times it easy in my humanity to begin to stress and worry about some of things we are anticipating in 2012. I look at our list of responsibilities with the ministry, and sometimes I'm exhausted looking at the needs and demands. Sometimes I'm tempted to be tired before I even begin!

ut then God has a funny way of reminding me of WHO HE IS. Today Jayden fell asleep on the couch as he was watching a video. I looked at him and was amazed at how quickly and easily he fell into a sound slumber. He didn't care where he was as long as he was comfy. He didn't have a care in the world! He didn't worry about what would happen when he woke up, about whether or not he would have food to eat, or whether or not someone would be here to greet him when he did wake up! He was resting peacefully.


God nudged me at that point and gently reminded me that I should be like Jayden. Why do I need to stress and worry so much about the future that I'm unable to sleep? Just as Jayden trusts his daddy and me to take care of him, I need to trust my Heavenly Daddy to take care of us. I need to trust Him and rely on HIS strength to get me through 2012. I need to trust Him to care for our needs in 2012, just as He took such good care of us in 2011. I need to trust completely in His love for me and my family and REST in His tremendous care.

Join us in RESTING in 2012. May we be like Jayden ---- without a care in the world. For we serve a RISEN SAVIOR who is MIGHTY and FAITHFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment